Homes For Sale In Windsor Square Historic District
Windsor Square Historic District is roughly bounded by Central Avenue and 7th Street, Camelback north to Oregon Avenue
About Windsor Square Historic District in Phoenix, AZ
One of the Oldest Suburbs In Phoenix
Windsor Square is one of the oldest and first suburbs of Phoenix. It was created when the city’s population was only 70,000. Also, this is when the trolley line ended at Thomas Road.
The Homes in Windsor Square
The homes in Windsor Square were built from the late 1920s and are as new as the 1950s due to the Great Depression which slowed suburban development in Phoenix.
Windsor Square Today
Today, Windsor Square is recognized for its beautiful historic homes, friendly neighbors and a fantastic urban neighborhood. Additionally, there are countless wonderful restaurants nearby as well as being close to the light rail.
Architectural Styles and Square Footage in Windsor Square Historic District:
- Designed Period Revival style Bungalows
- Craftsman Bungalows
- Transitional Ranch Style Homes
- The average home has about 1700 square feet yet there are some smaller homes as well
- The Lot Sizes in Windsor Square Vary in Size and Shape
- Oval Streets
What’s Near Windsor Square?
- Close to Central High School
- Brophy and Xavier College Prep Schools are right around the corner from the neighborhood
- Phoenix Metro Light Rail stops at Central & Camelback
- Close to The Upscale Baltimore Shopping Plaza
- Within walking distance to Postino Central Winecafe
- St. Francis Restaurant
- Uptown Plaza where the first Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria from Chicago was established
- AJ’s Fine Foods in Uptown Plaza
- Close to Melrose on 7th District
- Tons of fabulous restaurants and boutique shops
Windsor Square Historic Neighborhood National Recognition:
- CNN Money
- Time Magazine in 2013 voted it as one of the “Best big-city neighborhoods”
- Phoenix’s New Times Magazine Windsor Square’s article is here.
- Money Magazine’s Article is here. They claim Phoenix’s Windsor Square is one of the “best big-city neighborhoods” in the United States.
Nearby Historic Districts You Might Like
If you like Windsor Square Historic District, you’ll mostl likely adore Medlock Historic District which is just west of Central Avenue, Woodlea Historic District and the homes in North Central Phoenix.
Windsor Square Historic Homes For Sale