Weekly Jazz Concert Series Begins at CityScape In Downtown Phoenix in Advance of Phoenix International Jazz Day
CityScape Phoenix will host a free outdoor lunchtime jazz concert series every Tuesday in April leading up to the 5th Annual Phoenix International Jazz Day on Saturday, April 30.
The series and event is in partnership with The International Jazz Day Foundation and will entertain audiences with a lineup of great local jazz and blues artists who will perform at Patriots Park, located in the center of CityScape, every Tuesday from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. With cool spring temperatures and a variety of restaurants at CityScape, it’s the perfect excuse to order lunch to-go and enjoy it outside.
Weekly Jazz Concert Series at CityScape
- April 5 – The Musical Magic of Doc Jones Ensemble
- April 12 – The Anthony Pear Project
- April 19 – Tom Daley & Friends
- April 26 – Bobby Hamilton
The free series leads up to the 5th Annual Phoenix International Jazz Day held at CityScape on April 30 from 4pm until 10pm. This same day more than 196 global celebrations take place to celebrate jazz and the role it plays in uniting people around the world. General admission is $25 at the gate and VIP seating is available for $75. Tickets can be purchased at www.ticketlobster.com or 602-268-0600.
Arizona’s own lucky charm trumpeter Jesse McGuire headlines this year’s jazz event, with a surprise special guest to be named later. Famous for his execution of the Star Spangled Banner, Jesse McGuire has performed for three U.S. presidents, and at many major sporting events, most notably game seven of the 2001 World Series when the Diamondbacks defeated the NY Yankees to bring home a victory.
5th Annual Phoenix International Jazz Day Featured Performers
- Royce Murray – accomplished songwriter whose career includes collaborations with R&B icon Barry White; opening acts for Tony Monaco, Joey DeFrancesco and the legendary Jimmy
- Smith; and playing organ for ABC, CBS and NBC television soap operas.
- Dowell Davis – known as “D” to his fellow players, Davis has graced national and international stages with his drumming since 1983. He’s an accomplished artist who has played a variety of musical styles, and has an innate understanding of grooving.
- Dan Pinson- Born in Phoenix, he has appeared with or opened for Stevie Wonder, Spyrogyra, The Temptations, Beach Boys, Gato Barbieri, Pinson has performed in venues around the world.
- Carlos Rivas – International Latino jazz artist who has performed throughout the world. He is founder and director of Mex-Sal, one of Arizona’s most prestigious Latin groups.
- Kerry Campbell – Jazz saxophonist and former member of The Dramatics and famed band War, Campbell has performed with jazz greats Herbie Hancock, George Duke, Joe Sample among others.
- Loannis Goudelis – Piano “Ioannis Goudelis has performed internationally at festivals, clubs and concert halls throughout the world including the most of the United States, Europe, Africa, Central America and the Pacific.
- William “Doc” Jones – Jazz saxophonist, keyboard artist, founder of NextStudent Academy and Jaz Day AZ, Doc Jones has performed with Aretha Franklin and The Temptations among others.
For more information, visit www.cityscapephoenix.com. Ample and convenient underground parking is available and validated by restaurants and retailers with purchase.